~ The Early Mickleham Pioneering Families ~

An 1865 Description of

Mickleham or Deepdene

A small postal and road board hamlet in the parish of the same name and electoral district of East Bourke.  It is situated on the Three Chain Kilmore Road near the Deep Creek 18 miles north of Melbourne with which there is communication by coach twice a day.  Donnybrook lies N.E. 4 miles and Broadmeadows 7 miles south on the Kilmore Road with the former there is no communication and the latter coaches twice per day.

The country is generally flat and thickly timbered, there is however a small range of rising ground to the north.  It is an agricultural and pastoral chiefly and the latter has a post office and 2 hotels being Parnell's and Mickleham.

280 persons with 50 dwellings in an area of 9,600 acres.

How to get to Mickleham in 1884 - 85 according to Wises Post Office Directory.

Mickleham 18 miles north from Melbourne, rail to Craigieburn, thence coach 4 miles.

How to get to Mickleham in 1899 to1900 according to Wises Post Office Directory.

Mickleham N.E. from Melbourne, rail to Broadmeadows thence mail trap 9 miles.

 

bullet

A Directory of Inhabitants in the Mickleham Area in 1868

bullet

A list of Mickleham rate payers in 1863

bullet

A List of Mickleham Families who's children attended local Schools in 1867

 

 

 
bullet

The Langford and Sidebottom Families

bullet

John and Mary Anne Williams (nee Ostler)

bullet

Thomas and Jane Saunders

bullet

John and Eliza Williams (nee Harvey)

bullet

The Parnell Family from the Old Parnell's Inn

bullet

William Thompson and Anne Cameron

bullet

James and Catherine Unwin (nee Colbon)

bullet

William and Elizabeth Cole (nee Comley)

bullet

The Hatty Family

bullet

David and Hannah Edis (nee Smith)

bullet

Thomas Welsh and Catherine Phoenix  

bullet

Thomas and Mary Anne Wright (nee Unwin)

 

Back | Home | Next